Makes: 10 Serves Total Time: 55 Minutes (including cook time)
2/3 Cup Date Syrup
2 Medium Carrots
1 Medium Apple
10g Ginger Fresh
10g Turmeric Fresh
2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Coconut Desiccated
1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Dates
1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Into a mixing bowl mash banana, grate apple and carrot, and zest in ginger and turmeric.
- Mix in date syrup, seeds, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Mix in coconut and buckwheat flour.
- Turn into a silicon loaf tin and bake at 180C for about 40 min. Until a skewer can be removed cleanly.
- While loaf is cooking combine dates and coconut cream in a small pot and cooking over low heat until the dates are soft.
- Blend date mix in a blender until smooth.
- Cool cake for ten minutes before icing and serving warm. Yum.