Prep time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 35-40 Minutes Serves: 6
1 Cup Pearl Barley
2 Cups Spinach
2 Cups Mushrooms
3 Stalks Celery
3 Stalks Shallots
2 Sprigs Rosemary
1 Punnet Cherry Tomato
1/2 Bunch Basil
2 tsp Chili Paste
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder
1 tsp Ground Pepper
1/2 Cup Cashews
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Add pearl barley, sliced shallots, cubed (1-2 cm) pumpkin, chopped mushroom and celery, chili, rosemary, stock powder, pepper and apple cider vinegar to a large stock pot.
- Sautee over medium heat to caramelise ingredients, stirring regularly.
- Add enough water to just cover the ingredients in the pot and continue to cook over medium heat stirring regularly.
- Cook until grains and pumpkin are tender, adding extra water if needed, 35-40 minutes.
- Roughly chop basil, halve cherry tomatoes and add to pot along with spinach and stir through.
- In a spice grinder blend cashews and nutritional yeast.
- Serve risotto with a sprinkling of cashew mix and wedge of lemon.