Makes: 20 Portions Time: 15 Minutes Preparation 30 minutes Cooking
1 Bunch (3 cups chopped) Rhubarb
3/4 Cup Date Syrup
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Corn Flour (plus extra water)
2 1/2 Cups Dates
2 Cups Coconut
1 1/2 Cups Oats
1/4 Cup Carob
- Pre-heat oven to 190C
-Roughly chop rhubarb and combine with date syrup and water in a pot over medium heat.
- Cook rhubarb until tender.
- Prepare corn flour by mixing together with equal parts water. Pour into rhubarb mix and mix in continually until mixture thickens.
- Chill mixture in the fridge.
- In a food processor combine dates, coconut, oats and carob and blend until finely chopped and starting to stick together. Add some extra water if needed to bring mixture together enough to hold.
- Pour 3/4 of mixture into a lined brownie tin and press in evenly and firmly. Bake at 190C for 20 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb mix (it's ok if it is still warm) over cooked crumble base, then evenly sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture and gently press into rhubarb. Bake at 190C for a further 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Chill slice while still in tin in the fridge, for at least 2 hours, before slicing into portions.